Battery Charging Bank

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by tgalx3, Jul 5, 2023.

1. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I see myself amassing a large amount of LiPo batteries. I would like build a charging bank to charge multiple LiPos at once.

Can I even do that with the signal wire? All the batteries are 11.1 V but would be different MaH.

2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Not without potentially unbalancing the cells of each battery.

You don't need to balance charge every time you charge, but I do just to be safe.

3. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I have been doing thus far to be safe too.

ingiess I’ll be getting multiple chargers then.

4. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Multiple single chargers is the best solution if you have space. If you have a limited budget, you can get one charger at a time several times until you have sufficient charging capacity. If space is an issue (ie traveling to Nats) and you can afford the up-front cost, then a multi-charger is the preferred. I have a Venom Pro Quad (4 chargers in one unit) that takes up much less space than four separate chargers.
    I have also seen large banks of chargers for NiMH. Just eight dumb trickle-chargers and a really big power strip. Not that we see much NiMH in Fast Gun, but the chemistry is still popular in Big Gun.

5. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

That charger is a beast! Maybe Santa will get it for me for Christmas. Lol

6. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

I have a few of the Venom Pro Duo's and I just recently bought an ISDT K4 because the "Big Freaking Batterys" that run my largest boats take too long to charge on the Venoms. Needed something that could push 20+ amps per side.